I’m alive, calm down.
I can’t explain why I haven’t posted more, but here’s the run down:
- Bought a pack of baseball cards from 1990 (28 years old), I convinced the kids and myself to eat the bubble gum. The gum immediately dissolved in our mouth, no negative consequences as far as I can tell. The shopkeeper did explicitly state that I was not to eat the gum.
- My work has me traveling all over the United States. I feel very blessed to experience so much of this country and its people.
- Went on an early morning hike in Utah near Park City, encountered a moose. At first we were both alarmed, then we realized we were cool and just stared at each for a couple minutes (I snapped a couple blurry pics below). I probably became a little complacent and tried to pass the moose on the trail and he/she became agitated when I got pretty close. It was a bad decision on my part, happy the agitated moose exercised restraint.
- Bought a chainsaw as we’ve had an abundance of fallen trees. I’ve become committed to cleaning out the back lot and have revealed a nice fire pit (pictured below).
- Took my family to Hershey this weekend, primarily hung out in an amazing pool at the Hershey Lodge. There was this lily pad portion where you could try to cross the pool without falling in with ropes above you could hold onto. I managed to do it a couple of times and was feeling sore the next day.
- Saw one of my favorite bands in concert (The National) and bought their shirt. Saw them in Asheville, NC and met up with my friend from elementary school. We had a great time and tried a tremendous variety of local beer.
- Picture below of me in Nashville, TN under the sign for Robert’s Western World. I was by myself and a little worn out in Nashville, I didn’t have the energy to partake in any of the wildness on Broadway. I did get some Barbecue from Peg Leg Porker which came highly recommended from a local there…it was incredible!
- In a little bit, my friends and I are renting a houseboat in Raystown Lake. Can’t wait to get out there, catch some fish, swim, and do manly stuff (maybe I should bring the chainsaw).
- Been waking up and running 3 miles almost every day. I went to the grocery store afterwards and got a lot of disgusted looks as I was soaked in sweat…probably not very sanitary.
- That’s it for now, will get back in the habit.