My goal on September 22 was to write 30 posts in 30 days. It is not November 22 and I have only completed 20. Let’s finish this exercise off now!
20. My cell phone needed to be switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook and I had to erase all my information to convert, could you all please text me with your name and number so I can put it back into my address book? My number is 267.317.Six.Three.Eight.Two.
21. Went to ride Thomas the Tank Engine in Strasburg, PA on Friday. Winston literally shook with excitement. Thomas traveled through Amish farms and we saw quite a few horse drawn ploughs that turned the fields dark brown. There was an unbelievable amount of Thomas merchandise, we escaped purchasing a single train and some kettle corn.
22. Ate lunch at CiCi’s pizza buffet after riding Thomas. Cici’s offered free lunch to kids 3 and under (Dalia) and I think Winston was charged about $3, Jac and I ate for $5 a piece. All you can eat pizza for $5 is awesome, the pizza wasn’t bad either.
23. Spent the night at a Hampton Inn in Hershey and visited the chocolate factory the next day. Winston and Dalia loved the chocolate tour, complete with singing cows, free candy, and little a roller coaster car that took you through a simulated factory. The kids made us do it twice! Dalia ended up getting one of the singing cows and I bought a chocolate bar with almonds. I love Hershey’s, so much better than fancy chocolate.
24. Painted the foyer green. The lighting isn’t the best in that room so I think I need to heavy up on a couple spots, but looks pretty good.
25. Attempted to clean my gutters with a ladder my brother brought over for me. I consider myself very strong, think I am capable of lifting anything, the ladder he brought was honestly the heaviest contraption I’ve ever had to move, it would have been easier to move a refrigerator around the house and stand on top of it to take out the leaves. The ladder is shaped like an A, with a third component that goes straight up through the middle. After about 5 minutes of moving it closer to the house and realizing that I would probably take me at least 5 hours to move this terribly heavy object around the perimeter of the house, while accruing hernias and possible broken bones from falling, I decided to abort the operation and will contact a gutter guy this week.
26. Going fishing on Friday, way out in the ocean. The boat goes out so far, I have a bed to sleep in until we reach out destination! Should be quite an adventure, I hope for good weather.
27. Looking forward to Thanksgiving and seeing family. Thanksgiving is also a good beer holiday, trying to decide what beer to have for the holiday. Any suggestions? Can’t be German beer, I’ve finally finished the surplus from my birthday and am looking for something lighter, possibly turkey flavored.
28. For people who haven’t enjoyed football in the past, they should check out the Eagles right now. They are playing incredibly fast, creative offense, it is fun to watch.
29. My work is treating me and Jac to a dinner of our choice, any recommendations?
30. Looking forward to the Kane’s Christmas Party, haven’t seen my friends in way too long.